A Summer Grill Out
This post was sponsored by Bota Box. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own.
During the summer months, we try to spend at least a few nights a week up on our building’s rooftop grilling dinner. We have a few go-tos in the rotation (bbq chicken, grilled veggies, flank steaks, etc.) but grilled shrimp is always at the top of my list. This time, we opted to have a couple of friends over, and change things up with grilled shrimp tacos instead. They are SO ridiculously easy to make, they’re fast, and they’re perfect to have on a hot summer night. Through my partnership with Bota Box, we poured some wine to go along with, and had the perfect evening.
I hadn’t tried Bota Box before, but was really excited to find that the packaging is 100% recyclable, and creates 85% less landfill waste than traditional glass bottles. We’ve really been trying to reduce our carbon footprint, and use recyclable packaging and materials as much as possible so it’s definitely a big selling point on that end. Best of all, the wine was delicious (the pinot noir is a personal favorite, but the pinot grigio went perfectly with the tacos). I’ve included the taco recipe below and you can visit www.botabox.com if you’re curious about where to find a box near you!
GRILLED SHRIMP TACOS
- 1 lb. jumbo raw shrimp
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Begin by soaking your wooden skewers in water. Soaking for at least 30 minutes allows the skewers to not burn on the grill as easily.
- Rinse, peel and devein the shrimp. Remove the tails.
- Combine the dry spices with the vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the spice mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Skewer 4-5 shrimp on each wooden skewer, leaving some room between each shrimp
- Fire up your grill on high to heat to roughly 400 degrees. Once grill is heated, turn burners down to medium.
- Place the shrimp skewers onto the grill. Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp start to lightly char around the edges.
- Serve the shrimp immediately by placing 4-5 shrimp on each grilled tortilla. Top with sour cream drizzle, fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
We served the tacos with chips and, guac, grilled corn and watermelon slices but extra grilled veggies, fresh salsa or grilled pineapple would work well too!tags food, recipes | 0 Comments